Spiced Pea & Potato Rolls
Taken from the BBC GoodFood website
A superhealthy vegetarian dish that makes the most of your storecupboard staples
2 tbsp vegetable oil or sunflower oil
2 onions, finely sliced
300g potatoes, cut into small cubes
1 heaped tbsp curry paste
140g frozen or fresh peas
4 large sheets filo pastry, cut in half
tomatoes, onion and mango chutney, to serve
- Heat oven to 220C/200C fan/gas 7.
- Heat half the oil in a non-stick frying pan. Tip in the onions and cook until soft and golden, about 8-10 mins.
- Meanwhile, boil the potato cubes for 5 mins, until just tender, then drain. Tip into the softened onions and fry for 2 mins more.
- Stir in the curry paste and cook for 2 mins.
- Pop in the peas, plus 1 tbsp water. Cook for 1 min, give everything a good mix and season. Tip into a bowl to allow to cool slightly.
- Brush half the filo half-sheets with some of the remaining oil, then lay the remaining sheets on top so you have 4 x double layers. Spoon a ¼ of the potato mix along one edge of each, leaving a bit of space at each end. Fold in the ends then roll up to seal. Place seam-side down on a baking sheet, brush with the remaining oil and bake for 20 mins, or until crisp.
Serve warm with a dollop of mango chutney and a tomato & onion salad, if you like.