Chard & Bacon Pasta Sauce
From Riverford Organic Farms
1 bag of chard
1 tub of crème fraîche or mascarpone
2 garlic cloves (chopped)
500g pasta – penne or farfalle
parmesan, to serve
- Heat a large pan of water for the pasta and cook according to the packet instructions.
- Meanwhile, wash the chard well and separate the leaves from the stalks. Cut the stalks into lengths of about ½-1cm.
- Chop the bacon into lardons and fry gently until the fat begins to run out.
- Add the chard stalks and garlic.
- Stew in the bacon fat for a few mins – you may need to add some butter depending on your bacon.
- When the stalks are nearly tender, add the chard leaves (roughly chopped), cover and cook until wilted.
- Boil off any liquid and add the crème fraîche or mascarpone.
- Wait for it to melt and bubble, until you have the consistency you want.
- Season well, mix with the pasta and serve with plenty of grated parmesan.