Spring Chicken in a Pot
Taken from BBC Good Food
1 tbsp olive oil
1 onion, chopped
500g boneless, skinless chicken thighs
300g small new potatoes
425ml low-salt vegetable stock (such as Kallo low-salt vegetable stock
350g broccoli, cut into small florets
350g spring greens, shredded
140g petits pois
bunch spring onion, sliced
2 tbsp pesto
- Heat the oil in a large, heavy pan. Add the onion, gently fry for 5 minutes until softened, add the chicken, then fry until lightly coloured.
- Add the potatoes, stock and plenty of freshly ground black pepper, then bring to the boil.
- Cover, then simmer for 30 minutes until the potatoes are tender and the chicken is cooked. Can be frozen at this point.
- Add the broccoli, spring greens, petit pois and spring onions, stir well, then return to the boil.
- Cover, then cook for 5 minutes more, stir in the pesto and heat through.