Roast Rack of Lamb with Crushed Potatoes
Recipe taken from jamieoliver.com
10 Anya potatoes
1 handful cherry tomatoes
1 quality 6-bone rack of lamb
1 handful Kalamata olives, stoned
1 small handful garlic cloves
freshly ground black pepper
a few sprigs rosemary
2 lugs olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 190°C/375°F/gas 5.
- Boil the potatoes until tender and squeeze the pips from the tomatoes.
- Stick a large frying pan on a high heat, add a lug of olive oil and sear the lamb until golden. Remove and put to one side while you crush the drained potatoes in the frying pan – use the bottom of a jar or a masher – then fry for a couple of minutes over a low to medium heat.
- Stir the tomatoes and olives into the potatoes with some seasoning, rosemary sprigs and the garlic cloves, drizzle with a little olive oil and place in a roasting tin. Place the lamb on top of the potatoes and cook according to pack instructions. Depending on the size of the racks, the lamb will take somewhere between 20 and 30 minutes to cook, but will still be pink in the middle (add 5 to 10 minutes if you like your meat well done).
- When the lamb is cooked to your liking, slice it into chops and serve with the crispy potatoes and a little salsa verde or an extra drizzle of olive oil.