Butternut Squash Cannelloni
From the Sainsbury's website
320g butternut squash, peeled, deseeded and cut into chunks
260g bag young leaf spinach
70g Greek feta, roughly crumbled
½ x 20g pack fresh sage, roughly chopped
250g pack cannelloni tubes
40g British plain flour
475ml British semi-skimmed milk
500g jar onion and garlic pasta sauce (or make your own)
20g mature British Cheddar
- Preheat the oven to 190°C, fan 170°C, gas 5.
- Put the butternut squash in a microwave-safe bowl with 1 tablespoon water. Cover with cling film and cook on medium for 5-6 minutes until soft.
- Next, pierce the pack of spinach and microwave for 2 minutes. Squeeze out any excess water and mix with the squash.
- Stir the feta and sage into the butternut and spinach, season with freshly ground black pepper then spoon the mixture into 16 cannelloni tubes. Set aside on a plate.
- In a cup, mix the flour with 4 tablespoons of the milk. Heat the remaining milk in a pan until simmering. Remove from the heat and whisk in the flour mixture until smooth. Return to the heat and stir until thickened.
- Pour the tomato sauce into a 2-litre baking dish and lay the cannelloni on top. Pour over the white sauce, sprinkle with the Cheddar and bake for 45-50 minutes until golden on top.
- Serve with a crisp green salad.