Courgette, Tomato & Feta Pasta Sauce
Taken from 'Green Cuisine - The Organic Vegetable Cookbook'
1 large onion
2 garlic cloves
2 tbsp olive oil
3 large courgettes
3 large tomatoes - chopped
200g feta cheese
3 tbsp fresh mint
Salt and ground black pepper
- Slice the onion, crush the garlic and sauté in hot oil until the onion is transparent.
- Wash the courgettes, halve them lengthways and cut into 1cm chunks.
- Add the courgettes to the pan and cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Now add the chopped tomatoes and cook for 2 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the heat. Chop the feta cheese into cubes and add to the pan.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Stir in the chopped mint.
- Serve with freshly cooked penne.