Breaded and Fried Courgettes
Taken from grit.com
A great way to use those extra courgettes.
Canola oil (or vegetable oil)
1 courgette, 8 to 18 inches
2 to 3 eggs
Italian bread crumbs
- Pour 1⁄2 inch canola oil in to a 10-12 inch skillet and heat.
- Wash the courgette and cut off ends - slice in to even slices, 1⁄8 to 1⁄4-inch thick.
- In a small bowl whisk the eggs until frothy. Add a little milk.
- Place bread crumbs in another small bowl.
- With fork, pick up a slice of courgette and place in egg mixture, coating both sides, then place in bread crumbs. Carefully add courgette slice to hot oil in skillet. Brown bottom side, then flip and brown other side. Repeat with remaining courgette.
- Line a plate with a paper towel and place browned courgette on to soak up any excess oil.
- The oil may have to be changed before all the courgette slices have been fried because both the oil and the bread crumbs will start to burn. Put the oil in an empty coffee can or use paper towels to soak it up. Be careful, as the oil will be hot. Clean the pan and start again with fresh oil.