Broad Bean & Feta Cheese Toasts
Taken from the BBC Good Food website.
Slice up a baguette, toast, then use as a bruschetta base for beans and salty Greek cheese for a healthy bite.
350g broad beans, fresh or frozen
100g feta cheese (or vegetarian alternative), drained
2 tbsp chopped or shredded mint leaves
1 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
50g bag mixed salad leaves
10 cherry tomatoes, halved
1 tsp lemon juice
4 thin slices baguettes (white or brown)
- Bring a small pan of water to the boil. Add the beans, return to the boil and cook for 4 mins.
- Drain in a colander under running water until cold. Press each bean out of its skin into a bowl.
- Crumble over the feta and scatter over the mint leaves.
- Season with a good grind of black pepper and drizzle with 2 tsp of the oil. Toss together.
- Toss the salad leaves and tomatoes with the remaining olive oil and lemon juice. Divide between 2 plates.
- Toast the bread under the grill or in a toaster until golden and crisp on both sides.
- To serve, spoon the bean and cheese mixture onto the warm toasts and place alongside the salad.