Lamb Steaks with Houmous New Potatoes
Taken from the BBC Good Food website
500g new potatoes
2 lamb leg steaks
1 tsp olive oil
Bunch cherry tomatoes on the vine
3 tbsp houmous
10 pitted green olives, roughly chopped
Small handful flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- Cook the potatoes in boiling salted water for 15 mins or until tender. Meanwhile, heat the grill or a griddle pan.
- When the potatoes are almost ready, season the lamb steaks, rub with a little oil, then griddle or grill for 3-4 mins on each side until they are cooked to your liking, adding the tomatoes halfway through until juicy and bursting.
- When the potatoes are ready, drain well, then return to the pan and gently crush with a fork or potato masher.
- Stir through the houmous, olives and parsley, then season well.
- Serve the crushed potatoes with the lamb and the tomatoes.