Crispy New Potato Bake
By Jane Hornby, BBC Good Food website
1kg Jersey Royal potatoes
Handful small capers
2 handfuls stoned black olives
1 tbsp thyme leaves
Small bunch rosemary, broken into sprigs
6 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
1 tbsp white wine vinegar
- Heat oven to 240C/220C fan/gas 9.
- Boil the potatoes until the softer side of cooked, about 12 mins. Drain, slice in half, then tip into a bowl.
- Tip the capers, olives and herbs on top of the potatoes, then add most of the oil and a little seasoning. Stir together, lightly crushing the potatoes.
- Line a medium Swiss roll-type tin with baking parchment, leaving some hanging over the sides.
- Tip the potatoes into the tin and flatten down.
- Mix the vinegar and remaining oil, drizzle over the potatoes, then bake for 40 mins until golden.