Chicken Liver Pâté
By Sutton Hoo Chickens
200g cleaned chicken livers, remove sinews
250g salted butter
1 medium onion chopped
1 clove garlic, crushed
1 sprig thyme
1 tbsp of Brandy
2 tbsp of double cream
- Heat a knob of butter in a frying pan and add the livers - cook on a high heat very quickly.
- Add the brandy.
- Remove the livers and set aside.
- Add the chopped onions and garlic to the same pan with 2/3rds of the remaining butter – cook until the onion is soft.
- Add the livers back to the pan for another minute.
- Add the thyme.
- Put all the ingredients into a food processor, add the cream and whizz until combined.
- Pour into a container
- Clarify the remaining butter and use to cover the pâté.
Serve with crostini made from delicious Pump Street Bakery baguettes.