Corned Beef Hash
By Good Housekeeping Magazine website
2–3tbsp vegetable oil
1 onion, finely chopped
900g (2lb) cooked potatoes, cut into chunks
340g can corned beef, roughly diced
4 medium eggs
1 tbsp freshly chopped flat-leafed parsley
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in a heavy-based frying pan and fry the onion for 5–6min until soft.
- Add the potatoes and cook for 5–6min over a medium heat until lightly golden.
- Add the beef and fry over a high heat for a further 5–10min, turning once until the mix becomes crisp and golden brown.
- Heat the remaining oil in another frying pan.
- Fry eggs for 2–3min until yolks are just set.
- Add chopped parsley to the hash, then season and divide among four warmed plates.
- Top each portion of hash with an egg, then season again and serve.